MASTER OF SCIENCE (MS) IN
In increasingly competitive industries with consumers who are more educated and engaged than ever, companies value expertise in marketing. Set yourself apart with a master’s degree in Marketing.
Tuition Per Hour$420
Successful business strategy starts with a solid marketing plan
The faculty who teach in this program are the same faculty who teach on UA’s main campus, and they have earned a reputation as leaders and experts in business education. Students can select electives to tailor their curriculum to their personal career goals. Coursework includes many essential certifications for today’s marketing practices.
The University of Alabama’s online master’s is AACSB accredited, which is the benchmark of quality worldwide and is widely sought after by business schools. Less than five percent of institutions worldwide have earned this achievement.
- Application DeadlineApplications accepted year round
- Fees$250 Culverhouse graduate fee (per course)
- RankingRanked 10th for best online graduate business programs by U.S. News & World Report (2020)
The online MS in Marketing program consist of 30 hours of coursework, including a number of electives to tailor coursework to needs of individual career goals. Students will have the option of completing a capstone project where they can apply course concepts to work assignments to practice the skills they’ve learned.
Please note that courses are subject to change.
Required Courses (12 hours)
- MKT 530 Advanced Marketing Analysis
- IBA 555 Global Market Management
- MKT 595 Client-Based Marketing Consultant Project
- MKT 596 Capstone Project
Electives (18 hours, With Advisor Approval)
- IBA 550 Global Business
- IBA 560 Advanced Import/Export Strategy
- MGT 517 Leadership and Ethics
- MKT 510 Product Design and Marketing
- MKT 537 Professional Sales
- MKT 540 Introduction to Digital and Social Media Marketing
- MKT 542 Digital and Social Media Analytics
- MKT 543 Advanced Digital and Social Media Projects and Studies
- OM 525 Effective Quality Management
15 credit of elective hours must be in MKT or IBA courses.
Admission to the MS in Marketing program requires the following, regardless of educational background or employment experience:
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0
- Minimum GMAT score of 500 or GRE score of 300
- Statement of Purpose
- Three letters of recommendation
Inspiring stories of success from students and alumni.
Take a look at some of our Bama By Distance stories.See All Stories
Crystal Butler and Darryl Thornton
Accolades and Honors
Bama Blitz Special Edition Student Spotlight/Alumni Update
In Her Own Words