Non-Thesis Option - MS in Aerospace Engineering and Mechanics
A total of 30 credit hours is required for the MSAEM and students must complete the following requirements for the Plan II (Non-Thesis) option.
Core Course Requirement (6 hours)
Choose one Aerospace Core course and one Mechanics Core course.
- AEM 569 Orbital Mechanics
- AEM 582 Space Systems
- AEM 614 Airfoil and Wing Theory
- AEM 668 Advanced Dynamics of Flight*
- AEM 500 Intermediate Fluid Mechanics
- AEM 530 Continuum Mechanics
- AEM 562 Intermediate Dynamics
- AEM 637 Theory of Elasticity
*For those without a BSAE degree, this course has the pre-requisite of AEM 568.
Mathematics Requirement (6 hours)
Mathematics courses must be approved by the program advisor.
Elective Requirement (18 hours)
Complete 18 hours of elective coursework (12 hours must be AEM courses) that are approved by the program advisor.
Comprehensive Examination or Culminating Experience
Students pursuing the MSAEM Plan II degree option have the choice of completing one of the following options:
- Pass the PhD qualifying comprehensive examination. The comprehensive examination option may only be attempted twice.
- Complete a culminating experience and receive faculty advisor approval for the written report detailing the culminating experience. Students must have completed at least 18 hours of coursework prior to submitting the written report for the culminating experience.
Please note that courses are subject to change.