Curriculum - Master of Public Health
The Master in Public Health in Health Education and Promotion program consists of 42 credit hours, with each course being 3 credit hours. All coursework can be completed online, while the required applied practice experience provides students a variety of options to apply their learning.
Required Courses (33 hours)
- HHE 506 Techniques of Research in Health
- HHE 512 Advanced Foundations of Public Health
- HHE 515 Advanced Foundations of Health Promotion
- HHE 520 Theories of Health Behavior
- HHE 521 Basic Epidemiology
- HHE 526 Biostatistics
- HHE 530 Health Promotion Techniques
- HHE 565 Planning Health Promotion Programs
- HHE 566 Program Evaluation in Health Promotion
- HHE 586 Environmental Health Promotion
- HHE 587 Health Disparities
Electives (6 hours)
- HHE 584 Worksite Health Promotion Programs
- HHE 588 Sexuality Education: Theory and Practice
- HHE 589 Women and Health
- HHE 590 Certified Health Education Specialist Study
Applied Practice Experience (3 hours)
- HHE 598 Non-Thesis Research
- Talk with an Admission Counselor for additional information and other possible course options
View more information about this program through the University’s catalog.
Please note that courses are subject to change.