Curriculum - MA in Secondary Education with Science Certification
The MA in Secondary Education for Science 6-12 Certification program requires 30 credit hours.
- CAT 531 Computer-Based Instructional Technology
- CSE 530 Modern Secondary School Programs
- CSE 565 Improving Science Instruction
- CSE 576 Improving Science Teaching Through New Technologies
- Foundations course: 3 credit hours
- Educational Research course: 3 credit hours
- Teaching Field: 12 credit hours
- Special education survey course (if not previously completed)
Up to 9 credit hours of graduate science courses in the teaching field may be transferred to the program from other institutions if they meet the following conditions: The teaching field graduate courses must be adviser preapproved and from an NCATE-accredited institution of equivalent value, and the graduate courses must be within the certification subject teaching field.
Please note that courses are subject to change.