MASTER OF ARTS (MA) IN
Management (Global Business Management)
Employees with global management skills are highly valuable and sought after. The online master’s degree in Management from UA’s Culverhouse College of Business offers you the opportunity to develop essential management skills while also focusing on the global business area.
Tuition Per Hour$420
Prepare to Lead in a Diverse Environment
This flexible, online program is designed for supervisors, administrators, coordinators, managers, military personnel and others who desire to advance their awareness of global issues and management in the workplace.
You will study the complexities of managing global business operations and learn how to effectively lead in a culturally diverse environment. As a graduate of this program, you will understand the degree to which globalization has changed management in today’s society. In addition, you will have a broad knowledge of the areas that are key to succeeding in a global market, including but not limited to accounting and finance, international marketing, and leadership and ethics.
The University of Alabama’s online master’s is AACSB accredited, which is the benchmark of quality worldwide and is widely sought after by business schools. Less than five percent of institutions worldwide have earned the achievement.
- Application DeadlineApplications accepted year round
- Fees$250 Culverhouse graduate fee (per course)
- RankingRanked 10th for best online graduate business programs by U.S. News & World Report (2020). Ranked 4th for best online master's in management programs by TheBestSchools.org (2018).
- AccreditationAssociation to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
- Other Program Specifics*Test scores are waived for Spring 2021 semester applications
The online MA in Management curriculum prepares employees to be leaders in their organization by approaching management issues from a global mindset with a commitment to making a positive impact on society. The program consists of 30 hours of coursework. No thesis is required.
Please note that courses are subject to change.
- MGT 517 Leadership and Ethics
- AC 506 Concepts of Financial Management Accounting
- IBA 550 Global Business
- MGT 537 Strategic Human Resources Management
- GBA 525 Global Capstone Project
Focused Area of Study
- IBA 555 Global Marketing Management
- IBA 560 Advanced Export-Import Strategy
- EC 500 Managerial Economics
Two Electives from the Following
- FI 504 Foundations of Financial Management
- OM 500 Management Science & Spreadsheet Modeling
- OM 525 Effective Quality Management
- ST 560 Statistical Methods I
- GBA 515 Effective Negotiations (winterim)
- MGT 582 New Venture Development (winterim)
Jan Jones, Director of Specialized Masters programs, shares information about graduation requirements and program contact information.
Candidates applying for admission to the program should meet the following criteria, regardless of educational background or employment experience:
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0
- Minimum GMAT score of 500 or GRE score of 300*
- Statement of Purpose
- Three letters of recommendation
*Test scores are waived for Spring 2021 semester applications.
Inspiring stories of success from students and alumni.
Take a look at some of our Bama By Distance stories.See All Stories
J. Celeste Kallenborn