MASTER OF ARTS (MA) IN
Educational Psychology - Learning and Assessment
Become familiar with the educational assessment and evaluation process as well as underlying psychological theories involved in learning. Earn your Master of Arts in Educational Psychology with a concentration in Learning and Assessment.
Tuition Per Hour$420
Explore the Science of Learning
This online program provides training in cognition and the learning sciences coupled with educational research and program evaluation skills. The program is open to educators and non-educators alike. Our recent graduates include education professionals, leaders in government agencies related to children and youth, and youth ministers and counselors.
For those planning to pursue an educational specialist or doctoral degree in the area of educational research or educational psychology, the MA in Educational Psychology can serve as a transitional degree.
This program does not lead to certification.
- Application DeadlineApplications accepted year round
- Fees$10 College of Education graduate fee (per credit hour)
- AccreditationNational Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
- Other Program Specifics*Test scores are waived for Summer 2021 and Fall 2021 semester applications
Students are required to take the following courses. Please note that courses are subject to change.
- BER 500 Introduction to Education Research
- BER 540 Statistical Methods in Education
- BER 550 Evaluation of Classroom Learning
- BER 660 Evaluation I: Evaluation Theory and Practice
- BEP 500 Advanced Educational Psychology
- BEP 505 Development of Self-Regulation
- BEP 541 Self-Regulation and Motivation
- BEP 561 Social and Cultural Foundations of Behavior
- BEP 550 Life-Span Development
- BEP 598 Non-Thesis Research
Students complete a capstone project during their final semester in lieu of a comprehensive examination.
Admission to the MA program requires the following:
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or a 3.0 average for the last 60 semester hours in a degree program, or a 3.0 or higher in a completed graduate degree program
- Minimum score of 300 on the GRE or 50th percentile on the MAT*
Applications are accepted each semester.
*Test scores are waived for Summer 2021 and Fall 2021 semester applications.
A completed application package includes official transcripts from all institutions attended, three letters of recommendation, a statement of purpose, official test scores, and a Graduate School application.
You Can Do It
At The University of Alabama we want to help you tell a legendary story, and that begins with a premier education and strong support. You can succeed at earning your degree from wherever you are. Want to know more? Let our graduates tell you their Bama By Distance stories.
Inspiring stories of success from students and alumni.
Take a look at some of our Bama By Distance stories.See All Stories
Crystal Butler and Darryl Thornton
Accolades and Honors
Bama Blitz Special Edition Student Spotlight/Alumni Update
In Her Own Words
Melanie Anderson Swanson