Curriculum - MA in Communication Studies, specialization in Organizational Leadership
The online Master of Arts in Communication Studies with a specialization in Organizational Leadership, consists of 30 credit hours of coursework, including 12 hours within the specialization. The program has no advanced math requirements. Students may complete the program in less than two years by taking two classes per semester.
Organizational Leadership Specialization Courses (12 hours)
- COM 555 Conflict and Negotiation
- COM 560 Group Leadership
- COM 571 Seminar in Organizational Communication Theory
- COM 572 Seminar in Organizational Communication: Assessment and Intervention
Communication Studies Core Theory Courses (12 hours)
- COM 525 Gender and Political Communication
- COM 563 Relational Communication
- COM 513 Communication and Diversity or COM 575 Technology, Culture and Human Communication
- COM 561 Human Communication Theory
Method Requirement Courses (3 hours)
- COM 550 Qualitative Research Methods or adviser approved equivalent
Choose an Option (3 hours)
- COM 598 Professional Project
- Submit a Capstone Portfolio for approval upon completion of coursework and COM 598.
- Approved COM elective course
- Complete a comprehensive exam during the final semester of coursework.
View more information about this program through the University’s catalog. Scroll down to Organizational Leadership emphasis.
Please note that courses are subject to change.