Admission - EdD in Higher Education Administration Executive Cohort
The EdD in Higher Education Administration Executive Cohort at The University of Alabama welcomes applications from highly-qualified individuals who have strong academic preparation, leadership potential, and a clearly-articulated commitment to the field of higher education. Admission is competitive, as we admit a small number of students each year into the EdD program.
Applicants must apply to both the Graduate School and the Department of Educational
Leadership, Policy, and Technology Studies. When applying to the Graduate School select
'Main Campus' to indicate where you plan to take classes. Choose 'Higher Education Admin, EDD (Executive Cohort)' as the planned course of study.
Graduate School Application
The following application materials are required by the Graduate School.
- Submit application online at the Graduate School Online Application Center.
- Standardized Test Scores - The GRE is the preferred test, but the MAT will also be considered. To be considered for regular admission, a minimum of 300 on the combined verbal and quantitative sections of the revised GRE or a minimum of 50th percentile on the MAT is required. Test scores expire after five years.
- Transcripts - Submit all transcripts from postsecondary institutions attended.
- Minimum 3.0 average GPA for the last 60 semester hours in a degree program or a 3.0 or higher in a completed graduate degree program.
- Statement of Purpose
The following departmental requirements should be submitted to the Graduate School's Managing Supporting Documents portal.
- HEA admissions application
- 3 letters of recommendation
- A one-page statement of purpose for pursing the degree, you can use the same document submitted to the Graduate School
- Vita or resume
- Five-page writing sample that describes a problem within higher education today (nationally),
analyzing salient points of the issue, and evaluating potential solutions. The sample
should demonstrate formal writing and include appropriate citations.