Curriculum - Communication Studies Minor
The online minor in Communication Studies (COM) requires 18 credit hours of COM courses. The curriculum features a flexible, developmental approach to the study of human communication. Students complete a foundational course then select a series of elective courses, to prepare themselves for the various communication challenges that characterize our rapidly changing world.
Foundational Course Requirement (3 hours)
- COM 101 Principles of Human Communication
COM Electives (15 hours)
Distance learning students can satisfy the minor's curriculum requirements by choosing from the courses below. A minimum of 6 credit hours of upper-division (300-499 level) COM courses must be earned.
- COM 220 Interpersonal Communication
- COM 250 Nonverbal Communication
- COM 270 Discourse of Sport
- COM 350 Organizational Communication
- COM 352 Business Professional Communication
- COM 463 Relational Communication
- COM 195, COM 295, COM 395 or COM 495 Special Topics
Please note that courses are subject to change.
View more information about this program through the undergraduate catalog.