Military Admissions - Undergraduate

Ready to apply? Get started here.

2019-2020 Tuition Rates

Military Application Waiver

Veterans & active duty military will submit a copy of the DD214 or orders in their application for admission. Once the form is received, the application can be completed without paying the fee.

All courses are semester based totaling 16 weeks. If you know that you are going to be doing field training exercises for an extended period of time, do not enroll in any courses. If training is a week or two, communicate in advance with your instructor. Instructors are more understanding with advance notification.


For credits, UA does evaluate and apply AARTS, ACE, and SMART credits as applicable to the degree program selected. All transcripts should be marked "Official" and mailed directly from the issuing high school or college to The University of Alabama. You may refer to STARS: Alabama Statewide Transfer and Articulation Reporting System for questions concerning how courses transfer to The University of Alabama.

Official Transcripts should be sent to:

The University of Alabama
Office of the University Registrar
Box 870134
Tuscaloosa, Alabama 35487-0134

Electronically submitted transcripts are acceptable as long as they come directly from the sending institution in a format that the sending institution has certified as being “official.” Electronic submissions can be made to UA will not accept electronic copies of transcripts sent directly from the student. Please visit the Registrar’s website for additional information on electronic submission.

NOTE: For accurate transcript evaluation and maximizing your degree plan, you must send a transcript from every college attended, even though some of your courses from one college may also be listed on another college's transcript and even if you withdrew from the institution. An official high school transcript must be submitted if you have less than 24 semester hours (or 36 quarter hours) of previous college credit.

Joint Services Transcript (JST)

It is the responsibility of the student to order their JST. JST can be requested free of charge here.

To learn more about educational benefits using the Post 9/11 GI Bill, The Office of Veteran and Military Affairs here at the University can help you with that. They can be contacted at the Office of Veteran and Military Affairs at 205-348-0983.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email or call.