Curriculum - RN to BSN/MSN
Courses for the program, including core courses with the exception of the sciences,
are offered online. No campus attendance is required. Credit for 41 hours of nursing
courses is awarded upon admission to the University as an RN to BSN/MSN student. All
core requirements must be completed prior to enrolling in any nursing courses.
UA Core Requirements
- English Composition I & II
- Human Anatomy and Physiology with Lab I & II
- Chemistry with Lab or Biology with Lab
- Microbiology with Lab
- Intro to Sociology or Approved Social Behavioral Science Elective
- General Psychology
- History/Literature (9 credit hours)1
- Fine Arts
- Human Growth and Development
- Humanities (Ethics preferred)
- Computer Science
1History/Literature Note: All students are required to complete either a six-credit-hour history or literature sequence. Students opting to enroll in the literature sequence must also complete an approved three-credit-hour history course. Students opting to enroll in the history sequence must also complete an approved three-credit-hour literature course.
If students take two history courses and one literature course, one ADDITIONAL literature, humanities, or fine arts course is required to satisfy the 12 hour humanities core requirement.
Students pursuing the BSN/MSN choose to focus in the area of Case Management or Clinical
Required Nursing Courses – RN to BSN/MSN Nurse Administrator
- NUR 319 Nursing Informatics for Registered Nurses
- NUR 348 Role Transition in Baccalaureate Nursing
- NUR 449 Community Health for Registered Nurses
- NUR 507 Organizational and Systems Leadership
- NUR 514 Research and Evidence-Based Practice
- NUR 519 Health Policy and Finance
- NUR 465 Complex Client for RN
- NUR 503 Informatics in Healthcare
- NUR 500 Population Health
- NUR 549 Roles & Leadership in Nursing Administration
- NUR 550 Roles & Leadership in Nursing Administration Practicum (180 clinical hours)
- NUR 551 U.S. Health Care Systems and Quality & Safety
- NUR 552 U.S. Health Care Systems and Quality & Safety Practicum (180 clinical hours)
- NUR 553 Advanced Financing & Strategic Planning in Health Care
- NUR 554 Advanced Financing & Strategic Planning in Health Care Practicum (180 clinical hours)
- NUR 599 Optional Thesis
Total credit hours in upper division and MSN program = 50-56
View more information about this program through the University’s catalog.
Please note that courses are subject to change.
These programs require a field placement component. It is the student's responsibility to secure a site for the field placement.