MASTER OF SCIENCE (MS) IN
Marketing, concentration in Digital and Social Media
Companies across a variety of industries use social media and other digital outlets to attract and communicate with customers. Give yourself a competitive edge with a Master of Science in Marketing, concentration in Digital and Social Media.
Tuition Per Hour$420
Elevate Your Digital Strategy
Though coursework is 100% online, it is taught by the same faculty who teach in the main campus program. Upon graduation, you’ll have earned a master’s from one of the top business schools in the country.
The University of Alabama’s online master’s is AACSB accredited, the benchmark of quality worldwide and widely sought by business schools. Less than five percent of institutions have earned this achievement.
- Application DeadlineApplications accepted year round
- Fees$250 Culverhouse graduate fee (per course)
- RankingRanked 10th for best online graduate business programs by U.S. News & World Report (2020)
The online MS in Marketing with a concentration in Digital and Social Media requires 30 credit hours, including a number of electives that tailor coursework to the needs of your individual career goals. Students will complete a capstone project where they can apply course concepts to work assignments and practice the skills they’ve learned.
Please note that courses are subject to change.
Required Courses (12 hours)
- MKT 530 Advanced Marketing Analysis
- IBA 555 Global Market Management
- MKT 595 Client-Based Marketing Consultant Project
- MKT 596 Capstone Project
Concentration Requirements (9 hours)
- MKT 540 Introduction to Digital/Social Media
- MKT 542 Digital/Social Media Analytics
- MKT 543 Advanced Digital and Social Media
Marketing Electives (6 hours)
- MKT 510 Product Design and Marketing Strategy
- IBA 550 Global Business
- IBA 560 Advanced Import/Export Strategy
Elective Course (3 hours)
- Any 500 level elective available with advisors approval
Admission to the MS in Marketing program requires the following, regardless of educational background or employment experience:
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0
- Minimum GMAT score of 500 or GRE score of 300
- Statement of Purpose
- Three letters of recommendation
Inspiring stories of success from students and alumni.
Take a look at some of our Bama By Distance stories.See All Stories
Crystal Butler and Darryl Thornton
Accolades and Honors
Bama Blitz Special Edition Student Spotlight/Alumni Update
In Her Own Words