MASTER OF SCIENCE (MS) IN
Human Environmental Sciences
Do you want a broad education that can help you maximize your career opportunities? An online Master of Science in Human Environmental Sciences may be just what you have been looking for!
Tuition Per Hour$420
Create Your Own Path
The online MS in Human Environmental Sciences will allow you the freedom to develop an intriguing program of study in more than one area of Human Environmental Sciences. In addition to this option, one could select one of the respective areas of study that have specific curriculum to follow in the program of study. You may apply to a focus area under the General HES such as Consumer Quality Management or Hospitality Management to gain greater knowledge and competency in a specific curricular area.
UA’s distinguished faculty members will guide you as you select the program of study that will enable you to achieve your unique career goals. This program can be tailored to strengthen your professional skills in order to enhance your current career or increase your options for finding a new direction.
This program is taught by the same faculty who teach on campus at The University of Alabama. Join the Crimson Tide family and earn the degree you need to get ahead!
- Application DeadlineApplications accepted year round
This 30-hour program gives the student with specific career goals an opportunity to develop an innovative program of study with a focus on at least one area within the College. Each student majoring in general human environmental sciences is expected to file a program of study, which must be approved by an academic advisor.
The following are some courses available to students in this program. Please note that courses are subject to change.
- CSM 500 Personal Insurance Planning and Management
- CSM 501 Consumer Protection
- CSM 504 Personal Investment Planning and Management
- CSM 506 Consumer Management Quality Assurance
- CSM 507 Consumer Quality Management Facilitation Skills
- CSM 508 Consumer Quality Management Systems
- CSM 515 Customer Service
- CSM 525 Consumer Conflict Resolution
- CSM 554 Personal Income Tax Management Planning
- CSM 562 Cognition, Strategies, and Technology
- CSM 564 Digital Tools
- CSM 566 Multimedia Design and Development
- CSM 568 Introduction to Networking Systems
- CSM 570 Coordination and Delivery of Information Using Digital Technology
- CSM 572 Needs Assessment, Planning, and Evaluation
- CSM 575 Entrepreneurship in Human Environmental Sciences
- CSM 580 E-Commerce at the College of Human Environmental Sciences
- CSM 581 Practicum
- CSM 586 Consumer Management Human Capital
- CSM 590 Special Problems in Consumer Affairs
- HES 509 Research Methods in Human Environmental Sciences
- HES 598 Non-thesis Research
- HHE 515 Advances in Health Promotion
- HHE 520 Health Behavior
- HHE 530 Health Promotion Techniques
- NHM 569 Community Nutrition
Additional courses offered through various departments are available depending on the student’s undergraduate preparation and program of study. With the approval of their academic advisor, students may incorporate these courses into their curriculum.
Watch a previously recorded online information session session.
Admission to this program requires:
- One of the following:
- 3.0/4.0 GPA
- 3.0 GPA on last 60 hours
- an acceptable MAT, GMAT or GRE entrance examination score
- Minimum of two recommendation letters
- Statement of Purpose (Include in the Header: General Studies). Students should also include in their statement why they have chosen this area of study and how it will apply to their personal and/or professional goals
Students may apply to complete 12 hours as a non-degree student before being admitted to The University of Alabama’s Graduate School.
Inspiring stories of success from students and alumni.
Take a look at some of our Bama By Distance stories.See All Stories
In Her Own Words
In Her Own Words
Cinnamon Ray Swires
In Her Own Words