Admission - MA in Secondary Education (Reading Specialist P-12 Certification)
Admission to the MA program requires the following:
- Alabama Class B certification or equivalent
- Two full years of K-12 classroom teaching experience
- Complete the Supplement EXP form to verify two full years of teaching experience.
- Send the form to:
The University of Alabama
Attention: Dawn Bryant
College of Education
Student Services and Certification
Tuscaloosa, AL 35487-0231
- Minimum score of 300 on the GRE or 50th percentile on the MAT*
- An overall undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or a 3.0 average for the last 60 hours in a degree program
*Test scores are waived for the Summer and Fall 2020 application semesters.
A completed application package includes the following materials:
- Three letters of recommendation must describe teaching ability and potential for leadership in literacy instruction
- Statement of purpose
If you reside or intend to seek professional licensure outside of the state of Alabama, please review the requirements for that state prior to applying to this program.