Admission - MA in Rehabilitation Counseling
Admission to the MA program requires the following:
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or 3.0 average for the last 60 hours in a degree program, or a 3.0 or higher in a completed graduate degree program
- Minimum score of 300 on the GRE or 50th percentile on the MAT
- Online interview with faculty
*Applicants may be considered for conditional admission if their GPA is lower than 3.0 or their GRE score is lower than 300; however, each applicant must submit a GRE score with the application. If admitted, permission to continue is granted at the end of the first 12 hours of graduate credit by earning a minimum GPA of 3.0.
A completed application includes official transcripts from all institutions attended, three letters of recommendation, a statement of purpose, official test scores, and a Graduate School application.
Priority application deadlines:
- October 15 - spring admission
- March 15 - summer admission
- May 15 - fall admission
If you reside or intend to seek professional licensure outside of the state of Alabama, please review the requirements for that state prior to applying to this program.