Curriculum - MA in Elementary Education
The online Master of Arts in Elementary Education consists of 30-36 credit hours. In addition to courses in the areas of curriculum and instruction, foundations, and research, students enroll in 12 credit hours in the teaching fields of their choice.
- BER 500 Introduction to Educational Research
- BER 550 Evaluation of Classroom Learning is required for those who have not taken an evaluation of technology and learning course as part of the undergraduate or graduate program
- CEE 532 Early Childhood and Elementary School Curriculum
- CEE 574 Guiding Early/Elementary Pupil Learning
- Foundations Course - approved by adviser
Students choose one specialty option (two are recommended)
- Language Arts
- Social Studies
- CAT 531 Computer Based Instruction
- Adviser approved elective
- SPE 500 Introduction to Exceptional Children and Youth is required for those who have not taken a special education survey course
Please note that courses are subject to change.