Curriculum - MA in Advertising and Public Relations, concentration in Marketing Communications Management
The 30-hour online master’s degree will help create ethically-grounded, globally-aware and business-savvy thought leaders. The program focuses on data-driven strategic planning and understanding the current landscape driving the integration of advertising, public relations and marketing. The curriculum will help you learn to communicate with employees, clients, consumers and their communities to help the organization reach their business and communication goals.
Coursework will include such topics as integrated communications, global marketing management, advanced marketing analysis, digital & social media and brand & reputation communication strategy.
Foundation Classes (6 hours)
- APR 551 Foundations of Integrated Communication
- IBA 555 Global Market Management
Data Literacy Courses (6 hours)
- APR 550 Analysis and Insights
- MKT 530 Advanced Marketing Analysis
Leadership and Ethics Courses (6 hours)
- APR 570 Ethics and Professional Development
- APR 593 Global Communication Management
Media Competency Courses (6 hours)
- APR 522 Media Strategy and Analytics
- MKT 540 Introduction to Digital and Social Media Marketing
Audience Engagement Courses (3 hours-choose one)
- APR 524 Reputation Communication Strategy
- APR 525 Brand Communication Strategy
Capstone Course (3 hours)
APR 598 Integrated Communication Project
Please note that courses are subject to change.