Curriculum - MA in Kinesiology (Sport Management P-12 Certification)
The MA in Kinesiology (Sport Management Teacher Certification) degree program consists of 30-33 credit hours. In addition to the required courses in sport management, finance, marketing, critical best practices and research, students complete a practicum and an internship.
- KIN 500 Sociology of Sport
- KIN 506 Techniques of Research
- KIN 551 Sport Management Internship
- KIN 552 Legal and Ethical Issues in Sport
- KIN 553 Sport Facility and Event management
- KIN 555 Sport Finance
- KIN 562 Administration of Athletics
- KIN 585 Field Experience (Practicum)
- KIN 588 Sport Marketing and the Media
- Foundations course
- Special education survey course (if not previously completed)
In order to receive Alabama Class A Sport Management P-12 certification, individuals must hold Alabama Class B certification and complete the course requirements including a minimum of 300 clock-hours of supervised internship/practicum with at least half the time in one or more P-12 school settings. Additionally, students must pass a comprehensive exam.
Please note that courses are subject to change.