Admission - EdS in Educational Leadership (Instructional Leadership Certification)
Admission to the EdS program requires the following:
- A master's degree from an accredited university
- Alabama Class A certification in Instructional Leadership
- Minimum score of 300 on the GRE or 50th percentile on the MAT*
- Educational experience in teaching and/or leadership
*Test scores are waived for the Summer and Fall 2020 semester applications.
A completed application package includes official transcripts from all institutions attended, three letters of recommendation, a statement of purpose, official test scores, and a Graduate School application.
Submit the following materials to the Department of Educational Leadership, Policy and Technology Studies:
- Three letters of recommendation
- A statement of purpose
- An academic writing sample
- An EXP form completed by the Board of Education
- Evidence of leadership and management potential
- May 1 - summer admission
- July 1 - fall admission
- November 1 - spring admission
Note: Prospective students who did not earn a master's degree from UA or earned a master's degree more than eight years ago may be required to provide additional documentation.