Admission - EdS in Educational Leadership (Teacher Leader Certification)
Admission to the EdS in Educational Leadership (Teacher Leader Certification) program requires the following:
- Master's degree from an accredited institution
- Current Alabama Class A certification or equivalent
- Three years of full-time teaching experience in a P-12 setting
A completed application package includes the following:
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended
- Statement of purpose
- Three letters of recommendation (one from principal/superintendent)
- Graduate School application
Submit the following additional items to be included with your application:
- Other documentation of leadership capacity (evidence may include, but is not limited to, professional development activities, grants funded, and presentations/publications)
- Academic writing sample
An original EXP form completed by the Board of Education should be mailed to College of Education, Attention: Dawn Bryant, Box 870231, Tuscaloosa, AL 35487-0231.
- Priority admission for fall cohort — July 1
If you reside or intend to seek professional licensure outside of the state of Alabama, please review the requirements for that state prior to applying to this program.