Curriculum - EdS in Counselor Education (School Counseling Certification)
The EdS in Counselor Education program consists of 30 credit hours and submission of an electronic portfolio.
- BCE 626 Readings in Counselor Education
- BCE 633 Advanced Seminar: Multicultural Education
- BCE 698 Non-Dissertation Research
- BCE 615 Field Experiences in Counselor Education
Instructional Support (select 9 hours)
- BCE 618 Advanced Theories of Counseling
- BCE 626 Readings in Counselor Education*
- BCE 631 Counseling Administration and Leadership in Counseling
- BCE 652 Counseling Strategies for Adult-Child Relationships
Electives (select 9 hours)
- BCE 613 Substance Abuse Counseling
- BCE 633 Advanced Seminar in Counselor Education*
- BSP 660 Psychopathology
- Other courses acceptable per advisor approval
*Students should confer with their advisor if they would like to register for BCE 626 or BCE 633 more than one time during the program.
View more information about this program through the University’s catalog.
Please note that courses are subject to change.