Admission - EdS in Counselor Education (School Counselor Certification)
Admission to the EdS in Counselor Education program requires the following:
- Master’s degree in school counseling from an accredited institution
- Current Alabama Class A certification in school counseling or out of state equivalent
- Minimum score of 300 on the GRE or 50th percentile on the MAT
- Two years of full-time acceptable P-12 professional educational work experience
A completed application package includes the following:
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended
- Official test scores
- Statement of purpose
- Three letters of recommendation
- Graduate School application
Applications are accepted each semester with priority deadlines of March 15, June 15 and October 15.
If you reside or intend to seek professional licensure outside of the state of Alabama, please review the requirements for that state prior to applying to this program.