Curriculum - BS in HES, Consumer Sciences, concentration in Family Financial Planning and Counseling
This 120 semester hour program includes General Education requirements, Major courses, Family Financial Planning & Counseling courses and electives.
- CSM 201 Individual Family Resource Management
- CSM 204 Introduction to Personal Financial Planning
- CSM 303 Intro to Consumer Economics
- CSM 381 Consumer Marketing Management or MKT 300 Marketing
- CSM 401 Consumer Protection
- CSM 405 Public Policy
- ST 260 Statistical Data Analysis or BER 345 Educational Statistics
Family Financial Planning and Counseling Courses
- AC 210 Accounting
- CSM 300 Time Value of Money
- CSM 400 Personal Insurance Planning and Management
- CSM 404 Personal Investment Planning and Management
- CSM 410 Personal Retirement Planning and Employee Benefits
- CSM 420 Personal Estate Planning
- CSM 454 Personal Income Tax Management and Planning
- CSM 458 Using Spreadsheets for Financial Decision Making
- CSM 459 Consumer Counseling Skills
- CSM 460 Financial Planning Case Study Capstone
- HD 262 Marriage and Family or TH 114 Intro to Theater
View more information about this program through the University’s catalog.
Please note that courses are subject to change.