Admission - Bachelor of Social Work (BSW)
New or Transfer Student
Admission to the Bachelor of Social Work program requires a completed admissions application and transcripts to be submitted from all colleges previously attended. Students will select “Social Work” as the major. Transfer students considering admission should review UA's transfer information and policies.
If you reside or intend to seek professional licensure outside of the state of Alabama, please review the requirements for that state prior to applying to this program.
Once admitted to the University and prior to completing 400-level professional social work courses, students must be admitted to the BSW Professional Program and meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Completed 50 credit hours at the time of application and completed 54 credit hours prior to starting professional program coursework
- 2.25 GPA overall
- 2.5 GPA in social work courses
- Complete the following courses: SW 100, SW 200, SW 351, PY 101 or PY 105, SOC 101, and BSC 108 or BSC 109
- Placement into college-level math (Math 110 or Math 112 or higher)
Apply to the BSW Professional Program before the priority deadline below.
- February 15 for fall enrollment
- September 15 for spring enrollment