Bama By Distance Proctored Testing
On-campus students, or students located in the Tuscaloosa area, must take proctored
tests in the Bama By Distance Testing Services office, located in Room 126 of Martha
Parham Hall West on The University of Alabama campus. All proctored exams in your
Blackboard course must be scheduled with Testing Services.
Bama By Distance Testing Center Policies
- Please note that we do not offer proctored testing services for certification, licensure,
or non-credit course examinations of any kind.
- No walk-ins are accepted. Students must make an appointment to take an exam in the Bama By Distance Testing
Services office at least 48 hours in advance. You can only schedule your exam through
your Blackboard course.
- Deadline dates for proctored exams are provided by the course instructor, and students are responsible for completing the exam before the deadline.
- Make-up exams will not be scheduled during finals week. Students may only schedule
the last exam for the course during this week. We have special days each semester
to allow students to take make-up exams prior to finals week. Please contact Bama
By Distance Testing Services for the special testing dates each semester.
- Students must present two forms of identification, and one form must be a picture
- There is no charge for testing in the Bama By Distance Testing Services office.
- Available appointment hours are subject to change. If there is a University closure,
Bama By Distance Testing Services will also be closed.
- No food or drinks are allowed in the testing center; this includes bottled water.
- Our storage space is limited. Please avoid bringing backpacks, large purses or cell
phones. You will be given a key to a locker for your personal items. You must leave
all items in your assigned locker except the items your instructor allows for the
exam. We cannot download any programs to facilitate an exam. You must be able to access the exam directly from the internet.
- Students must return any scratch paper to the testing center before leaving the front
- If there is an emergency — a fire, tornado, etc. — students must follow directions
from the testing coordinators.