Web Registration Instructions for New UA Students
You must set up your myBama account before you can register for a course.
Setting Up Your myBama Account:
- Go to myBama.
- You will see a login box. Do not attempt to fill in the box. Instead, click on the need an account link. Follow the instructions to set up your account.
- After you have set up your account, return to the myBama home page to register.
Web Registration Instructions:
- If you logged out of the myBama website, log back into the site using your BAMA username and password.
- Click on the "Student" tab at the top of the page.
- Click on the "Student Services" tab.
- Click on the "Registration" tab.
- Click on Look Up Classes.
- Select a subject (English, Math, etc...) and any other search criteria you want to use, such as ONLINE or Independent Study and click the Class Search button at the bottom of the page.
- Your search results will appear. Select the class you wish to register for and click on the empty box to the left of the course. A check mark will appear in the box. If there is a C in this space the section is closed and you will need to select another course. If you select a distance course that requires a permit, please follow the instructions listed on who to contact to obtain that permit.
- Once you have checked the box, click the "Register" button at the bottom of the page.
- If you are registering for a course that is considered an Open Learn course (you can enroll and begin at any time), you will be prompted to enter a "Start Date" and an "End Date". PLEASE ENTER THE DATE YOU ARE ENROLLING. This is especially important for students who are using financial aid to cover their tuition expenses. If you choose a date in the future, your aid will not be dispersed until that date. You do not have to enter an "End Date". This date will automatically be generated based upon the "Start Date" and the duration of the course.
- Repeat the process for your entire schedule.