- All state and federal laws and regulations and UA regulations and policies concerning the privacy of student records shall apply with equal force and effect to distance learning student records. Detailed information about UA’s policy on the confidentiality of student records can be found by visiting The University of Alabama registrar’s website.
- Access to distance learning courses and live or recorded webcasts shall only be granted via secure user ID and password to properly enrolled students, instructors, and other support staff critical to the operation of the distance learning course.
- The University of Alabama demonstrates that any University student attending an online class is the student completing the coursework by the creation of a unique student ID, use of a secure login and password to the learning management system, and the use of proctored exams when applicable.
- All websites that collect personally identifiable information from distance learning students are secured encrypted websites.
Personal Information and Other Data Collected by the Division of Online Learning through the Bama By Distance Website
- University servers automatically record information when you visit our website, including but not limited to the URL, IP address, browser type and language, and the date and time of your request.
- The Division of Online Learning does not license, sell, or provide your personal information or other contact information provided or collected regarding student or alumni lists, to any third party.
- We may use personal information to provide the services you’ve requested, such as more information about the UA distance learning programs and student services available to distance learners.
- We may also use personal information for auditing, research and analysis to operate and improve the Division of Online Learning’s technologies and services.
- We may share information with third parties in limited circumstances, including when complying with legal process, preventing fraud or imminent harm, and ensuring the security of our network and services.
- On some pages within our website, you may be asked to voluntarily provide personal information before accessing specific pages or as a requirement to receive certain information by mail or email. For example, persons requesting program information will be asked to provide a name and mailing address, phone number or email address. This information may be used by us to contact you directly to respond to your requests; however, you will always be given an opportunity to opt out of any of our promotional activities.
- Whenever reasonably possible, we offer you choices when we ask for personal information.
- If you do not wish to receive our communications, you may opt out at any time following the instructions contained in the communications.
- All websites that collect personally identifiable information from distance learning students and prospective students must be secured encrypted websites.
- Visit ua.edu/privacy/ to read UA’s privacy statement.