Curriculum - Decision Analytics Track - Master's in Operations Management
Students interested in a curriculum that combines the prescriptive modeling and analytical
skills arising from UA’s Operations Management program with the data management and
data mining skills arising from UA’s Statistical Analysis System (SAS)/Data Mining
certification program may select the MSOM Decision Analytics Track.
Students can complete the Decision Analytics Track in 18-24 months if they begin coursework
in the summer semester.
*Decision Analytics Track Required Courses
- ST 560 Statistical Methods I (3 hours)
- ST 521 Statistical Data Management (3 hours)
- ST 531 Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining I (3 hours)
- ST 532 Advanced Data Mining (3 hours)
- OM 500 Management Science and Spreadsheet Modeling (3 hours)
- OM 540 Systems Simulation (3 hours)
**OM 596 Capstone Project (3 hours)
Decision Analytics Electives (choose two from the following)
- OM 517 Supply Chain Modeling and Analysis (3 hours)
- OM 522 Operations Scheduling Problems (3 hours)
- OM 523 Inventory Management (3 hours)
- OM 524 Manufacturing Scheduling and Control Systems (3 hours)
Decision Analytics Restricted Elective (choose one from the following)
- ST 522 Advanced Statistical Data Management (3 hours)
- MIS 541 Business Analytics Support Systems (3 hours)
Please note that courses are subject to change.
*At least one semester of calculus equivalent to MATH 121 or higher.
**The Capstone Project must be completed in one of the last two semesters of the program.