Curriculum - Decision Analytics Track - MS in Operations Management
Students interested in a curriculum that combines the prescriptive modeling and analytical
skills arising from UA's Operations Management program with the data management and
data mining skills arising from UA's Statistical Analysis System (SAS)/Data Mining
certification program may select the MSOM Decision Analytics Track.
The Decision Analytics Track requires 30 hours of coursework and can be completed
in 18-24 months if students begin the program in the summer semester.
*Required Courses (21 hours)
- ST 560 Statistical Methods I
- ST 521 Statistical Data Management
- ST 531 Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining I
- ST 532 Advanced Data Mining
- OM 500 Management Science and Spreadsheet Modeling
- OM 540 Systems Simulation
OM 596 Capstone Project (complete in one of the last two semesters)
Decision Analytics Electives (6 hours)
Choose two courses
- OM 517 Supply Chain Modeling and Analysis
- OM 522 Production Scheduling Problems
- OM 523 Inventory Management
- OM 524 Manufacturing Scheduling and Control Systems
Decision Analytics Restricted Elective (3 hours)
Choose one course
- ST 522 Advanced Statistical Data Management
- MIS 541 Business Analytics Support Systems
Please note that courses are subject to change.
*At least one semester of calculus equivalent to MATH 121 or higher.