Admission Requirements - MLIS Master of Library and Information Studies
Applications are accepted throughout the year. If you are interested in the program,
we strongly encourage you to apply as soon as possible. All application materials
must be received before the priority deadlines. Applicants will be reviewed if there
is space available in the cohorts.
- National online cohorts begin each fall and the priority deadline for admission is
April 1. Newly admitted national cohort students must attend a mandatory 3-day orientation
at the Tuscaloosa campus in August.
- Regional cohorts at the UA Gadsden Center begin each spring and the priority deadline
for admission is December 1. Newly admitted regional cohort students must attend a mandatory 1-day orientation
at the UA Gadsden Center in January.
To be considered for admission, students should have a 3.0 GPA overall or for the
last 60 semester hours in an undergraduate degree program, and one of the following:
- A minimum score of 300 on the GRE or 50th percentile on the MAT. Test scores must
be less than five years old.
- Previous graduate degree completed within the last five years.
- Five years of demonstrated experience in the field.