Curriculum - MA in Communication Studies, specialization in Organizational Leadership
The online Master of Arts in Communication Studies with a specialization in Organizational
Leadership, consists of 30 credit hours of coursework, including 12 hours within the
specialization. The program has no advanced math requirements. Students may complete
the program in less than two years by taking two classes per semester.
Organizational Leadership Specialization Courses (12 hours)
- COM 555 Conflict and Negotiation
- COM 560 Group Leadership
- COM 571 Seminar in Organizational Communication Theory
- COM 572 Seminar in Organizational Communication: Assessment and Intervention
Communication Studies Core Theory Courses (12 hours)
- COM 525 Gender and Political Communication
- COM 563 Relational Communication
- COM 575 Technology, Culture and Human Communication or COM 513 Communication and Diversity
- COM 561 Human Communication Theory
Method Requirement Courses (6 hours)
- COM 550 Qualitative Research Methods or MC 550 Research Methods or LS 502 Research Methods
- COM 598 Professional Project
Students will submit a Capstone Portfolio, designed around individual interests, upon completion of coursework
and professional project.
View a detailed version of the program plan of study.
Please note that courses are subject to change.