Alternative MA - Gifted and Talented Program
Students must complete the following deficiency courses prior to admission.
- EDU 200
- BEF 362
- SPE 304
- HD 101
- SPE 581 Psychology of Gifted and Talented Children and Youth
- SPE 582 Teaching the Gifted and Talented
- SPE 583 Creative Problem Solving Seminar
- SPE 584 Special Populations in Gifted Education
- SPE 585 Teaching Thinking Skills: Integrating Programs
- SPE 589 Internship in Gifted and Talented - Summer Enrichment Workshop
- SPE 589 Internship in Gifted and Talented
- SPE 501 Diagnosis and Assessment of Exceptional Children and Youth
- SPE 500 Introduction to Exceptional Children and Youth
- BER 550 Evaluation of Classroom Learning
- CAT 531 Computer-Based Instructional Technologies
- CRD 512 Improvement of Reading in Secondary Schools
- SPE 586 Social Components of Talent Development
- SPE 587 Addressing Individual Needs and Talents in the Classroom
- SPE 606 Topical Seminar in Special Education: Bibliotherapy for Exceptional Students - suggested
course; other electives must be approved by advisor.
Total = 48 credit hours
Students must pass the Alabama Prospective Teacher Testing Program: Basic Skills Assessment
and a written comprehensive exam in order to complete the program.
Please note that courses are subject to change.