Curriculum - EdS in Secondary Education (Science Certification)
The EdS in Secondary Education with science certification requires a total of 33 credit
hours of study beyond the master's degree and may be completed in as little as two
years of part-time study. Students will complete 12 credit hours in a teaching field.
- CIE 620 Designing and Conducting Research on Classroom Teaching
- CIE 625 Seminar in Science Education Research
- CSE 665 Improving Science Instruction
- CSE 670 Research and Theory in Secondary Education
- CSE 693 Advanced Workshop in Secondary Education or
- CSE 697 Educational Specialist Degree Research
- Foundations Course - approved by advisor
- Research Course -
- BER 540 Statistical Methods in Education or
- BER 600 Quantitative Research Methods in Education or
- BER 631 Inquiry as Interpretation: Qualitative 1
- SPE 500 Introduction to Exceptional Children and Youth is required for those who have not
taken a special education survey course
*Up to 9 credit hours in the teaching field graduate science courses can be transferred
to the program from other institutions if they meet the following conditions: 1) The
teaching field graduate courses must be advisor pre-approved and from an NCATE accredited
institution of equivalent value, and; 2) The graduate courses must be within the certification
subject teaching field.
Please note that courses are subject to change.