Curriculum - MA in Special Education (Collaborative 6-12 Certification) (Blended)
Delivery Format - Blended
Number of Credit Hours - 36-39
Tuition per Hour - $375
Fees - $10 graduate College of Education fee (per hour)
Accreditation - National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
Practicum - Yes
Required Entrance - Bachelor's-level teaching certificate
Programs, courses and tuition subject to change.
The MA in Special Education Collaborative 6-12 program provides highly qualified bachelor-level
certified educators teaching specific content areas at the secondary level with the
opportunity to obtain master's-level certification in collaborative (6-12).
Curriculum (36-39 hours)
- SPE 501 Diagnosis and Assessment of Exceptional Children and Youth
- SPE 502 Advanced Behavior Management for Special Educators
- SPE 503 Master's Seminar in Special Education
- SPE 514 Teacher Consultant Models in Special Education
- SPE 583 Creative Problem Solving
- SPE 590 Intro to Mild Disabilities
- SPE 592 Academic Methods-Secondary
- SPE 593 Intro to Severe Disabilities
- SPE 594 Methods and Severe Disabilities
- SPE 597 Transition in Special Education
- SPE 598 Practicum in Special Education-Secondary
- BEF 510 Philosophy, History, and Social Foundations
- CAT 531 Computer-based Instructional Technologies
- *SPE 500 Intro to Exceptional Children and Youth - for students who have not taken a special
education survey course within the last six years.
Please note that courses are subject to change.