Curriculum - Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
The Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering requires the completion of 128 credit
hours. The BSME's unique and blended format allows students to experience the same
lectures and discussions as traditional campus students, through online and video
Coursework is completed primarily online with the exception of three lab courses that
require an occasional face-to-face component. Students can complete these labs during
the weekend across the state of Alabama in Dothan, Gadsden or Tuscaloosa.
Required Mechanical Engineering Courses
- AEM 201 Statics
- AEM 250 Mechanics of Materials I
- AEM 251 Mechanics of Materials (Lab)
- AEM 264 Dynamics
- AEM 311 Fluid Mechanics
- ECE 320 Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering
- ME 215 Thermodynamics
- ME 305 Thermodynamics II
- ME 309 Heat Transfer
- ME 349 Engineering Analysis*
- ME 350 Static Machine Components
- ME 360 Control & Instrumentation Composition (Lab)
- ME 372 Dynamic Systems*
- ME 383 Modern Manufacturing Practices
- ME 450 Dynamic Machine Components
- ME 460 Thermal Systems Instrumentation (Lab)
- ME 489 Mechanical Engineering Design I
- MTE 271 Engineering Materials I
- MTH 238 Applied Differential Equations*
- ME 490 Mechanical Engineering Design II
Please note that courses are subject to change.
*Contact a Bama By Distance enrollment counselor about taking these courses on campus or how to transfer them from another institution.
View a complete list of curriculum requirements or details on courses.