Program Goals - BS in Hospitality Management
Hospitality Management Program Goals:
- Provide a common body of knowledge in hospitality administration coupled with a broad
education and awareness of values, skills, and attitudes which will prepare students
for imaginative and responsible citizenship roles in the hospitality industry and
- Enable students to understand and apply the concepts of problem-solving in general
and in organizational and industry-related issues.
- Provide fundamental knowledge to meet academic requirements for certification by the
American Hotel and Lodging Association, the National Restaurant Association, and the
Professional Convention Management Association.
- Provide relevant operational experience in some facet of the hospitality industry.
- Expose students to a variety of hospitality leaders and their perspectives of the