Outcomes - BS in Hospitality Management
At the completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Describe important historical events fundamental to the development of the hospitality
- Identify the role of marketing in providing goods and services within the hospitality
- Describe various operational roles relative to the provision of hospitality goods
and/or services: to include food service management, lodging management, and other
- Apply sound accounting principles and practices in hospitality operations.
- Apply effective financial management practices in hospitality organizations.
- Identify legal issues related to the provision of goods and services in hospitality
- Discuss ethical considerations and socio-political influences affecting hospitality.
- Utilize a variety of computer applications in providing quality hospitality services.
- Apply effective human resource management skills in hiring, training, and developing
the personnel within hospitality operations.
- Identify effective organizational theory, leadership behavior and interpersonal communication
practices in hospitality operations.
- Articulate principles of effective leadership and the importance of leadership to
accomplishing organizational goals and objectives.
- Apply effective management practices and problem-solving strategies within hospitality
- Apply classroom theory/knowledge and gain appropriate technical and administrative
skills through relevant operational experiences in some facet of the hospitality industry.