Non-UA Student Proctored Testing Instructions
The University of Alabama’s Bama By Distance Testing Services is happy to be able
to assist you with your college credit course testing needs. There is no charge for
this service. Contact our office to determine available testing hours.
Please note that we do not offer proctored testing services for certification, licensure,
or non-credit course examinations of any kind.
The process for requesting and taking examinations in our on-campus testing location
is outlined below.
Before You Come To Campus
- Contact your institution to send us your testing information. It is your responsibility
to ensure that the exam or password information is sent to our office in the appropriate
time frame for you to take all exams.
- No walk-in appointments. You must be scheduled in order to test. Tests must be scheduled
at least 48 hours in advance, excluding weekends and holidays. Click here to schedule your test in the Testing Services office.
- Available appointment hours are subject to change. If there is a University closure,
Bama By Distance Testing Services will also be closed.
- It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that exams are scheduled and taken by
their institution’s test deadlines.
- No non-UA exams will be allowed during UA's finals week.
When You Get To Campus
- No food or drinks are allowed in the testing center; this includes bottled water.
- Our storage space is limited. Please avoid bringing backpacks, large purses or cell
phones. You will be given a key to a locker for your personal items. You must leave
all items except the items your instructor allows for the exam in your assigned locker.
- You must present two forms of ID when testing in our office, and one form must be
a picture ID.
- We cannot download any programs in order to facilitate an exam. You must be able to access the exam directly from the internet.
- You must return any scratch paper to the testing center before leaving the front desk
- If there is an emergency — a fire, tornado, etc. — students must follow directions
from the testing coordinators.